Monday 2 September 2013

Skincare: Current Morning Routine


Hi beauties

Today's post will be all about skin! In the past month I've gradually been changing my skincare routine as we are pretty much out with winter in Australia and spring is just around the corner (hooooray!) With winter basically out of the way, cold days gone, I've started using a lot of gentle products on my skin and made my routine a lot simpler. This is part one of my two parts, this will feature my morning routine.

Overview
Before I tell you about what skincare products I use I'll give you a bit of background on my skin. I have dry to very dry skin (depending on the season) and my skin is quite sensitive. I break out more often then I would like. Please keep that in mind when you continue to read on because what works for me may not work for you, everyone's skin is different.

Cleanser - Origins, Never A Dull Moment
I've been using this cleanser for the past three months and I'm very satisfied with it. It's very gentle on my skin, it's smells amazing (I'm all about smell) and it does not break me out, which is the main thing for me. You can purchase this at Myer, as far as I'm aware that's the only store that stocks Origins in Australia.

Toner: Clarins Gentle Exfoliator and Brightening Toner
If you have sensitive skin then you need to invest in a exfoliating toner. I purchased this from Myer too, Myer just has everything. My skin is so sensitive, whenever I would exfoliate it would not only worsen my breakouts but it would be painful because every scrub I used was not as gentle as I needed it to be. So, thanks to Caroline Hirons , I decided to invest in this amazing product. Not only does this product work as a exfoliator but it tones my skin too. I absolutely love it, I can use it even if I have breakouts because it doesn't worsen them and it most definitely is not a painful process like it was when I was using a exfoliator on it's own. 

Serum: Hydraluron
I love this product! I was introduced to this product by Caroline and I have to say it's amazing. It very smoothing on the skin, it tightens it a little too and it's one of the only serums I've found to actually work. Thanks to Pixiwoo for having Caroline Hirons on their channel. This product has only recently made an appearance in Australia, you can purchase it at Priceline. I'm so pleased with Priceline, they're stepping up their game and stocking a lot of good products that can't be found in Australia.

Moisturiser: Clinique Moisture Surge - Extended Thirst Relief
OMG! That should say it all. This moisturiser is especially designed for people with dry to extra dry skin. This particular one is specifically designed for the morning. It is so hydrating, it has a very smooth texture to it and it's very soft on the skin, something us dry skin girls need. I absolutely love this moisturiser, it's very hydrating. If you have dry to extra dry skin I recommend giving this a try, you'll be amazed! Like the above two products, you can purchase Clinique at Myer or Terry White Chemist.

So that's my morning skincare routine, the products are listed in the order in which I use them. I'm very pleased with everything I use, it works well for me and hydrates my skin which is the most important thing, if you have dry skin you'll understand. The more hydrated your skin is the better your makeup looks on you. As you can see it's very simple, I only use four products, I try to use as little as possible during the warm weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment