Wednesday 8 May 2013

REVIEW: Revlon PhotoReady BB Cream


Hi beauties.

Today I will be writing a review on the new Revlon PhotoReady BB Cream. This product has been out in America for a few months now however it has only come to Australia in the last 3 weeks. You can purchase this BB Cream from PricelineMyer to name a few.

Review

According to Revlon this BB Cream has the following features, it is lightweight, SMOOTHES like primer, COVERS like foundation, BLURS FLAWS like concealer, HYDRATES like moisturiser and PROTECTS with SPF 30 sunscreen


This product has 3 different shades. Light, Light to Medium and Medium to Dark. I find that the colour pay off is really good. I always have trouble with BB creams because I'm pretty pale and most brands don't have shades light enough for me so I was super happy with the Light colour for this BB cream because it matched my skin tone really well. I'm a big fan of BB creams. I try to stay away from wearing foundation on a daily basis but I'm not comfortable without having some coverage so I try to use a BB cream. I was super excited to try this product for two different reasons, the first being that I watched a lot of reviews on YouTube and a lot of gurus were pleased with the product and secondly I read what Revlon wrote about the product and it seemed that the BB cream would have really good coverage and that was a major thing for me, I had yet to find a BB cream that has good coverage but was lightweight.


I have to say that I'm very pleased with the BB cream. It has great coverage, it's very lightweight, doesn't feel cakey at all which is a major + for me. The product is so smooth, which makes it easy to apply with your hands. I don't normally apply any of my foundations or BB creams with my hands because I find it hard to blend into my skin however this product I found is super easy to blend in due to its smoothness and the consistency which is nice and thick, it's not runny at all, and that's is something I prefer especially when applying any face products by hand. I found that the product is very hydrating. When you're applying it on your face you can almost feel how hydrating the product it. I find that to be really important too, especially for me because I have dry skin. The product contains SPF 30 which is important especially during summer, you should always have some kind of SPF product on your face to protect you from the sun.

Overall Thought

I'm pleasantly surprised with the BB cream. I would definitely (and will) repurchase the product. It has such good coverage, its super hydrating and not at all cakey looking. Revlon has really done well with this product and for me the product really does what it's said to do and you don't often find products that meet their supposed requirements. As far as pricing goes, as many of you probably know, if you don't Australia is expensive but the BB cream I think is priced fairly good especially for Revlon. I was suprised to see it as marked as $25, I think that's really affordable for a Revlon face product anyway.

I hope you guys enjoyed this review. Let me know what else I should try or what you want me to review in the comments bellow.


3 comments:

  1. Great product ! I love iiiiit !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is. I'm really impressed with it. Revlon did well! :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds fab! I'm the same as you, some bb creams have been released I don't like wearing foundation everyday an my skin is so much better for it :)
    Kirsty x

    Prettybugblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete