Friday 17 May 2013

My Favourite Everyday Foundations

Hi beauties.

I'm sorry I've been gone for the past week and a bit. I was in the process of moving houses so I didn't have time to spend on my blog and I've been flat out with work and uni. Today's post will be on my favourite everyday foundations, I do mention 2 BB creams. I have a few foundations that I love to wear, especially during the day. I like to rotate them around, I don't wear the same one every day.

Revlon ColourStay

I absolutely love this foundation. I was really late into getting this product, I always put off buying it only because of the price but it was on sale at Priceline for $15 so I gave in an purchased it, normally it costs about $35 which is just ridiculous considering in America it costs between $10-$12. Aside from the price, I absolutely love this product. I think the colour payoff is really good. This is one foundation that actually matches my skin tone really well and it's hard to find foundations that match your skin. It's really easy to apply, you can use a lot of different tools to apply it like the beauty blender, your hands, a buffing brush or a foundation brush. I love using my beauty blender to apply this particular foundation, it applies really nicely, it blends into the skin well and it gives you a nice finish, it has a matte finish and the coverage is buildable. I find that it lasts all day, no matter what I'm doing, if I'm sweating and even during summer it lasts for ages, which is ALWAYS a plus. The foundation covers so well, I can use it on my face without having to use a concealer even if I have a lot of breakouts. Last but not least what I love with this product is that it has a massive colour range, so no matter how pale or how dark you are I'm almost sure you'll find a shade for yourself. FINALLY I love the new packaging that Revlon have come out with. The foundation now has a pump on it which give your control of how much product comes out.

Rimmel London Match Perfection
What I like about this product is that, like the Revlon ColorStay foundation, matches my skin really well. It has options for pale skin and not a lot of brans can pull that off. It has light coverage, which is good for someone who want's a foundation for daily use but doesn't want too much coverage. This product smells amazing! You're probably thinking, what the heck, but if you have a smell of it you'll love it. I feel like it has a fruity smell, which I love, it's very rare that you find a foundation that has a nice smell to it. As far as coverage goes, it doesn't cover blemishes as well as the Revlon so you may need to use a concealer depending on how bad your skin might be but don't let that put you off the product. I love that it has a pump on it, it makes the foundation nice and hygienic to use and easy to control how much product comes out. If you're after something with light coverage for everyday wear then you should give this foundation a try.

Garneir BB Cream
If you've read my previous posts you'll know that I have dry and sensitive skin. This is the only BB cream that I liked and that hydrated my skin, aside from my recent Revlon BB Cream discovery but that's bellow. This product, leave my skin feeling really hydrated, it evens my skin, it doesn't look cakey at all nor does is look blotchy which I've found with some BB creams and foundations. If you're one who doesn't like to use foundations and is after something lightweight then this is for you. Even if you have oily skin you can use it because they have a formula for oily skin too. The only negative is that there isn't much of an option in regards to the shades. It only has 3 shades from what I can remember. Overall I like this BB cream because for someone with dry skin, it really hydrates my face and doesn't break me out.

Revlon Photo Ready BB Cream
I've done a review on this product in my previous post which you can view. But basically this product is so good. Even though it is a BB cream it has great coverage, very lightweight and very moisturizing, The shades it has are really good, they're true to their shade, they're not orange. They have options for very pale skin and very dark skin which is really nice espeically for pale people, I myself, who is pretty fair find it hard to buy products that offer a good option for my skin tone. I've repurchased this product and absolutely love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment