Saturday 14 September 2013

Dupe: NARS Oragasm






Hi beauties

I'm not much of a blush person, I prefer my bronzer's but I heard a lot of hype about the NARS Orgasm blush so I decided to purchase it. I always wanted something from NARS, I just love their packaging so when I made this purchase I was over the moon. A few weeks ago I was at Priceline and I found myself at the Models Prefer counter, I must say they are one of my favourite Australian Drugstore brands. I saw their blushes were on sale so I thought I would give them a try because the packaging reminds me of NYX and we can't get NYX in Australia and also they haven't disappointed me in previous purchases.

I hadn't used the Models Prefer blush till about two weeks after purchasing it and once I used it I was surprised at how similar it was to NARS Orgasm. As you can see from the photos above, especially the swatch on my hand Orgasm and Desk to Date are very similar, they obviously aren't identical. Desk to Date is a little more pigmented, it has less shimmer then Orgasm however the texture is almost identical.

I'm not good with applying blusher so I prefer the NARS over Models Prefer because it is less pigmented so when I use it I don't end up looking like a clown. I also prefer the packaging from NARS, it's very slim and fancy looking as oppose to Models Prefer. On that note however I don't mind the MP blusher and I think when I improve on my application skills with blush I will probably purchase the Desk to Date over Orgasm because it's more affordable especially in Australia.

There is an obvious price difference, NARS blushes can be purchased as MECCA Cosmetica in Australia for $45 or you can buy them for cheaper online, I brought mine on Kiss and Makeup NYC for $29, which is considerably cheaper. Models Prefer is sold exclusively to Priceline, so that is where you can purchase the product and the price for Date to Desk is $9.99.

Let me know your thoughts on this dupe? Have you tried Models Prefer? What are your thoughts? And do you have any good dupes for NARS Orgasm or any other high end products?


2 comments:

  1. I've heard that NYX's "pinched" blush is a dupe for NARS' orgasm. I'm not really a sparkly kinda gal' so I will have to try the models prefer one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that too however it's hard for me to get my hands on NYX but the models prefer is almost identical aside from the fact that it's a little more matte then NARS! Definitely give it a try :)

      Delete