Monday 22 April 2013

5 Must Have Makeup Products






Hi beauties

Today's post will be all about my top 5 must have makeup products. These are items I can't leave the house without.

Concealer

This product is good to have for various reasons. It does a great job at covering blemishes, dark circles under the eyes, it's a good eye primer and some concealers are good at brightening under your eyes if the proper shade is chosen. If you ever have one of those days where you don't want to wear any foundation yet you want to cover your blemishes or even out your skin then concealer is the way to go. It's very light on the skin, you don't feel like you're wearing heavy makeup and its convenient if you want to give your non-problem areas a break from foundation.

Setting Powder
This is very important especially if you have oily skin. A setting powder, weather it's in a loose form or a compact, is used to set your makeup so it lasts longer on your face. It’s really beneficial for people with oily skin to use a setting powder so that the oils in their skin don’t break down their makeup to the point where their makeup is coming off. Setting powder can save you from having to touch up your makeup so frequently.

Eyebrow Pencil or Powder
For me the most important thing is having a good Brow Pencil/Powder. I find it so important to have my eyebrows filled in whether I'm wearing makeup or I'm having a makeup free day. For me eyebrows are the most important feature of my face and when I fill them in my look feels complete. Eye brows frame the face and they can make a difference on how your makeup looks on you.

Mascara
For me mascara is important because it makes my eyelashes look longer, fuller and darker, this in turn makes my eyes stand out more then they do without mascara. I have small eyes so for me it's important to have my eyes looking bigger especially when I laugh or smile as my eyes tend to squint. Mascara tends to give a very sultry/sexy vibe to a makeup look.

Lip Balm
Last but not least I never leave the house without applying or even taking with me a lip balm. My lips get very chapped and dry all throughout the year, no matter what season it is. So I find it extremely important to have a good lip balm that moisturizes your lips because you don't want to have your makeup done to perfection and then your lips ruining the look by been chapped, dry and peeling off. Even when I don't wear makeup I still wear lip balm because I don't like my lips peeling and looking unattractive.



1 comment: